For a complete directory of all the National Archives Facebook accounts, please visit http://www.archives.gov/social-media/facebook.html.Make National Archives at New York City a part of your New York City vacation plans using our New York City itinerary planner.
View our Facebook comment policy on the National Archives website at http://www.archives.gov/social-media/facebook-comment-policy.html.
Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/ArchivesNYC
The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) manages this Facebook fan page as a portal for information from the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. However, information posted here is not official policy of NARA and will in no way grant anyone any rights, privileges, or standing on any matter. All information should be verified through official channels at NARA. For contact information at NARA, please check http://www.archives.gov/.
Facebook Comment Policy:
You are encouraged to share your comments, ideas, and concerns. Please be aware of the following policies for the National Archives' Facebook fan page:
• NARA will only post comments from users over 13 years of age that relate to topics on the specific fan page subject matter.
• NARA will delete comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
• NARA will delete comments that are clearly off-topic, that promote services or products, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
• Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in the comment being removed.
• Communications made via the Facebook fan page will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the NARA or any official or employee of NARA for any purpose.
• The content of all comments is immediately released into the public domain, so do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public.
• Do not post personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses and telephone numbers. Comments containing this information will be removed from the Facebook fan page wall.
• NARA does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right to remove posted comments that do not adhere to these standards.
Members of the media are asked to pose your questions to the NARA Public Affairs Office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Media questions or comments will not be posted. NARA Public Affairs can be reached at 202-357-5300
National Archives at New York City Reviews
The National Archives at New York City is a great place for researching your ancestors. Everything is free. You can look up your lineage on the computers. Peruse for free, the same ancestor locators..... more »
Quietly understated facility up over Museum of American Indian (3rd floor), if you want to trace any relative's immigration into US. Its available all to use, just register at reception and... more »
Classic architecture inside & out . Located right at the edge of the city in the midst of many other attractions easy 2 locate very accessible very interesting if your into this sorta thing but very informative definitely eye candy for the artful eyes you cant go wrong !
👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿 great place. A must to visit
Plan your trip to New York City
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in New York City
See all ›
See all ›
Parks in New York City
See all ›
Nearby attractions in New York City
Plans to National Archives at New York City by other users
24 days in New York State BY A USER FROM PORTUGAL June, popular sights Preferences: June Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 19 days in New York City, Irvine & Los Angeles BY A USER FROM UNITED ARAB EMIRATES October, popular sights Preferences: October Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 14 days in New York State BY A USER FROM PAKISTAN March, popular sights Preferences: March Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 16 days in New York State BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA April, kids, popular sights Preferences: April, kids Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 60 days in New York City & New Delhi BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES November, popular sights Preferences: November Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 10 days in New York City BY A USER FROM SINGAPORE December, popular sights Preferences: December Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium